Friday, February 22, 2008

Livebooks Site

So I finally got my Livebooks site finished. Check it out here: www.gclarkephotography.com It took about two months to finish cause I'm so damn finicky :-)

The way it happened is I told my Livebooks designer (you get your own personal one) what I was looking for. She came up with a design mock-up and I didn't like at all. I was down about it and told a product designer friend of mine. He understood immediately what I was after, and in the next two hours, proceeded to make it a reality. It was amazing !

So I gave the mock-up to my Livebooks designer for her to make into my new Livebooks website. Well it wasn't that easy because there were a few things their platform could not do. Livebooks uses a program for its editsuite that has certain design parameters.

So after using up all my revisions and then some, my site was put online. There are still a few things I want to change, particularly the text on my contact page. But overall, I am happy with it. Yesterday I registered it with Google. So hopefully, it will appear on their search engine soon. Then I'll work on getting it on the first page yo !!

Am I happy with Livebooks? Yes. The designer I got wasn't the best as far as design went, but she faithfully executed what I gave her. She was also very helpful and forthcoming with all the changes I asked for. Now I must add, I have yet to see the true power of the Livebooks site with marketing, tracking and ease of use because I just got it, but I will let you guys know soon.

Tell me what you guys think of the site. I'm open to suggestions.

No comments: