Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Time For A Vacation

I'm off to Hawaii today for a week of surfing and photography. I'll be staying on the north shore of Oahu, home of Pipeline, Sunset and other little breaks lol.

I'm looking forward to shooting everyday. There is nothing quite like the feeling of being in that creative mode. When I think about it, it is the pursuit of that precise feeling that has me creating this business.

I feel best when I am shooting on a regular basis. I am inspired by those photographers that carry their camera around wherever they go. They stay in that creative flow and shoot amazing work. They are not so motivated by making money at it. Photography becomes more like breathing to them, natural. Their work shows it.

In art school, I was mostly taking photos for my classes. A select few were always shooting no matter what. They did not need any outside motivation. It was simply a way of life for them. That is what I consider an artist in the purest form. That is what I strive to be. Shooting everyday in Hawaii will be easy. What is more challenging is shooting in your everyday life, being creative with the mundane.

I believe my everyday life is amazing though. So why not photograph it ?

No comments: